Tuesday 19 December 2006

The Arcade's On Fire!

If you live under a rock and haven't already, check out The Arcade Fire's new song Intervention, if you look hard enough you can find an mp3 lying around. It's got that same old Arcade Fire sound while giving a hint of where things could go. All hail the Canadian music scene.

Today's feature isn't microscale, as one might expect from me, or even space for that matter. Today's feature has some of the best building I've seen however, so take a good look. It's the Frankfurt Train Station, I've never been to Germany, thus I have never seen the thing in real life - so whether or not this is an accurate interpretation I don't care. What I do care about, it the amazing amount of detail this thing has, and the amazing techniques it uses! The curved arch is a wonderful example of simple techniques put to amazing uses, and the effect is a smooth - yet still textured - curved roof. This model achieves something I always love, it doesn't immediately appear as LEGO. That I think, makes the penultimate MOC: the ability to take a very recognizable medium and use it to such profound reaches. So take a good look at this one, it's inspirational.

No comments: